In registering for the ride, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.
- Participants must be at least 16 years-old at the commencement of the ride to be eligible to participate. Riders between the ages of 16-18 may only take part if accompanied by a parent or guardian (responsible adult)
- Participants over the age of 65 or with any ongoing medical conditions which may be affected by taking part e.g. a heart condition, epilepsy or asthma, must provide a signed medical certificate from their doctor confirming that they are able to participate
WHAT YOU MUST DO
- Confirm that to the best of your knowledge and belief your general state of health is good and you take full responsibility for your health and personal wellbeing. Regardless of age you must ensure you are fi t enough to take part in this ride
- Raise a minimum of £1,500 (excluding Gift Aid) in sponsorship for Myeloma UK, registered charity no. SC 026116. Sponsorship money can be paid to Myeloma UK at any point prior to the ride, but must be received no later than 28 July 2017. Cheques should be made payable to “Myeloma UK” and sent to: Myeloma UK, 22 Logie Mill, Beaverbank Business Park, Edinburgh EH7 4HG. Failure to meet the minimum sponsorship amount may affect our decision to allow you to take part in other Myeloma UK events
- Cover the cost of the ride, including the registration fee (£949*), single room supplement (if required) and any equipment needed. You may not cover any of the costs of the ride with money raised through sponsorship. All money raised through sponsorship must be paid into Myeloma UK
- Notify Myeloma UK immediately if you are unable to take part in the ride. All donations or sponsorship already paid to Myeloma UK can only be refunded directly to donors on receipt of a written request (letter or email)
- Arrange for your own transfers to and from the start and finish point of the ride, and from the Paris hotel to Gare du Nord
- Accommodation will be on a shared basis unless a single room supplement is paid for at the time of registration. You will only be placed in a shared room with another person of the same sex. Should you wish to share with someone in particular, this should be specified at the time of registration and we will do our best to accommodate the request although we cannot guarantee it
- Be in possession of a valid passport and any visas required for your journey
- Purchase travel insurance, it is mandatory for all participants. Holiday or bike insurance are not included in the registration fee. You are wholly responsible for arranging you own insurance. Travel insurance must cover the entire duration of the ride in respect of, but not limited to, medical expenses, death, injury, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment. Travel insurance companies must be informed of the type of activity in which you are participating. You should also obtain an EHIC Card which entitles you to varying levels of treatment whilst in the EU.
- Wear a helmet whilst cycling throughout the ride, it is compulsory
- Confirm that you will not act in a way which may damage the reputation of Myeloma UK
WHAT MYELOMA UK WILL DO
- Take responsibility to ensure that all data from participants including names, addresses and personal information such as credit card information is managed responsibly in accordance with UK law and the Data Protection Act 1998. By registering for this ride participants are giving permission to Myeloma UK to contact them regarding this event. Credit card or financial information will be destroyed once payment has been taken. If participants are paying online, payment will be managed through the secure Worldpay site. If you are concerned about us holding your information or how it might be used please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Endeavour to follow the itinerary provided, but there may be exceptional circumstances when this is not possible. Myeloma UK reserves the right to cancel or modify the itinerary as necessary. Due to the nature of the ride and the advance planning necessary, changes may have to be made and Myeloma UK reserves the right to do so. Should a material change be necessary Myeloma UK will inform participants as soon as is reasonably possible
- To the extent permitted by law Myeloma UK does not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death sustained to, or by anyone in the course of raising sponsorship or participating in this ride, or for cancellation of the ride for any reason outside of its control. All participants take part at their own risk. Registration fees will only be refundable should Myeloma UK cancel the ride
- Reserves the right to use any photography or videos taken of participants on behalf of Myeloma UK for future marketing and promotional materials
- Should participants wish to cancel, the £249 deposit is completely non-refundable. If the balance of £700 has been paid and participants drop out 8 weeks or more prior to the ride we will refund 50% of the balance. If participants drop out less than 8 weeks before the ride we will be unable to refund the balance paid, but the participant’s insurance may cover it
*Riders who are part of a corporate sponsorship package or team are subject to the same Terms & Conditions although their registration fee has been covered through their package.
If you have any questions contact the Ride Team at email@example.com or call 0131 557 3332.
Places for this exclusive ride are limited.